AODD Pumps Key to Covid-19 Safety Products
September 22, 2020
While many businesses went idle in March and April, most air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pump manufacturers were deemed essential businesses and were requested to stay open.
That’s because countless industries across the world – including those producing critical products for the COVID-19 fight – depend on pumps to keep their processes working at top speed.
AODD pumps safely and effectively handle anything from water to solids-laden slurries—including volatile and dangerous liquids. Their flexibility allows one pump to tackle numerous applications, making them the clear choice for many of the world’s most challenging applications.
A brand of AODD manufacturer Warren Rupp, Versamatic pumps continue to help businesses stay open and are being used in the following applications & industries:
Sanitization Chemical Production
- The pumps are used for chemical transfer, tanker car loading and unloading, production line bottling and waste treatment applications.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Similar to the Old Pogue Distillery, many companies have retooled part of their manufacturing process to make a difference in the world, and AODD pumps assist in making this possible.
- Liquid & Bar Hand Soap
- The gentle pumping action produced by AOOD pumps reduces the risk of foaming or product degradation when pumping soaps.
- In addition to pumping the final soap product, AODD pumps are also used to pump fragrances and surfactants widely used in soap production.
- Residential Laundry Detergents and Sanitizers
- Commercial Laundry Systems (Nursing Homes/Hospitals)
- The superior chemical resistance of plastic AODD pumps is used when handling stronger concentrated chemicals including bleaches, caustic soaps and sanitizers. AODD pumps can handle a wide range of temperatures often found in industrial laundries.
- Hand Creams
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Clear Acrylic Medical face Shields/Clear Acrylic “Sneeze Guards”
- Acrylic separators have become popular recently, minimizing contact reducing the spread of COVID-19. AODD pumps are used during the chemical blending process along with moving the acrylics to molds and dies.
- Latex/Latex Gloves
- Increased hospital visits require increase safety protection and gloves are among the most commonly used PPE gear. Due to the chemical properties of latex, AODD pumps are used because of their gentle reciprocation and solids handling capabilities.
- Water Treatment Chemicals/Chlorine Production and Dispensing
- AODD pumps are used in the production of drinking water purification chemicals like chlorine and flocculants. Those chemicals are necessary to keep the drinking water safe and abundant, which is essential for everyone.
- Environmental Protection
- At most manufacturing facilities, especially ones using chemicals, there are requirements that any water used to be treated/neutralized prior to reintroduction into the public water system. AODD pumps are commonly used on filter press applications where the water is pushed through a series of filter elements to remove large solids. After the solids are removed, AODD pumps can be used to dispense the neutralizing chemicals, helping keep the environment clean and safe for everyone.
- Food Processing
- AODD pumps are used for multiple applications in producing food products, from sanitizing surfaces for produce sorting tables and meat production areas, to pumping yogurt and cottage cheese.
To learn why AODD pumps are the clear choice for many of the world’s most challenging applications, click here