IDEX teams have come together to provide an impressive array of essential products and tools to aid in the global response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Some examples of the ways in which IDEX Health & Science Technologies’ companies are supporting the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, include:
- Microfluidics building Microfluidizer® processors, which are a key technology needed to make the nanoemulsions required for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Precision Polymer Engineering (PPE) designing and manufacturing high-performance seals for pharmaceutical filling lines, which are critical in the production of vaccines
- IDEX Health & Science designing and manufacturing fluidic and optical components used in Next-Generation DNA sequencing technology (NGS), which have sequenced the genome of COVID-19, a critical step toward testing for the virus, identifying potential treatments, and developing a vaccine.
- IDEX Health & Science making degassers, manifolds, pumps, tubing and connections for Clinical Chemistry and Immunoassay blood analyzers used for patient results in COVID-19 testing.
- IDEX Health & Science manufacturing microfluidic consumables and optical filters used by molecular diagnostic instruments to detect COVID-19.
- IDEX Health & Science making microfluidic consumables used by testing instruments that detect high levels of immune system proteins, known as a “cytokine storm,” that causes a patient’s body to attack its own cells rather than fighting off the virus. This has been caused COVID-19 patients into a deadly downward spiral.
- Precision Polymer Engineering (PPE) and Novotema manufacturing critical seals for medical respirators used in the treatment of critically ill COVID-19 patients.
- Gast Manufacturing producing compressors that are critical components of hydrostatic disinfectant sprayers used in the cleaning of hospitals and other large facilities.
- Steridose manufacturing magnetic mixers and valves used in pharmaceutical processes, including the production of vaccines.
IDEX Fluid & Metering Technologies (FMT) and Fire, Safety & Diversified (FSD) companies have also stepped up to help businesses remain operational and to provide aid to first responders. Examples include:
- Pulsafeeder SPO shipping dosing pumps to disinfect wastewater, helping the Chinese government build two new hospitals in less than two weeks at the beginning of February.
- BAND-IT providing clamps for 1,300 new ambulances and other vehicles for emergency medical transport to support China in February.
- Warren Rupp supplying the world’s leading manufacturer of hand sanitizer, with nearly 30 SANDPIPER SSB2 Metallic Air Operated Double Diaphragm (AODD) Pumps to maximize production and enable the customer to create as much product as facilities could sustain
- Vetter manufacturing decontamination tents for COVID-19 testing facilities and hospitals
- Akron Brass and Hale partnering together to develop a portable system that, when paired with EPA-approved disinfectants, combats the spread of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV- 2). The FS100 Portable Disinfectant Spraying System’s compact size makes it ideal for use in fire apparatus, ambulances, law enforcement vehicles and field hospitals, and the compact size makes it convenient for tight storage spaces.
- The internationally diverse IDEX team from AWG in Germany and GODIVA in England joining forces to release the new SANISTREET FLEX sprayer and cleaning agent induction system. The SANISTREET FLEX system mounts on to a fire pump through the attachment of a delivery valve and enables fire fighters and first responders to disinfect larger outdoor areas.
As we battle COVID-19, IDEX Team members continue to come together to support one another during these challenging times. To capture some words of appreciation and encouragement from team members, we produced a video of employees thanking one another across the globe.