March 22, 2019
IDEX teams across the globe celebrated International Women’s Day on March 8, recognizing women’s achievements and raising awareness of gender equality issues.
With the support of the various IDEX women’s networks worldwide, over 26 business units engaged in activities designed to promote female successes and role models, making it the largest IDEX International Women’s Day event in history!
Some of the wonderful ways that our business units celebrated the women of the world included:
- Publishing profiles of famous female pioneers in history
- Hosting inclusion and diversity breakfast meetings
- Fundraising and arranging donations for local women’s shelters
- Inviting local female engineering students to ‘open day’-style events at our Bus
- A Chinese tradition, handing out flowers to the female employees
- Sharing stories of inspirational female family members
- Focusing on STEM topic for women
Members of each business unit also pledged to contribute to gender equality in day-to-day life this year. The pledges, based around the #BalanceforBetter theme, include forging positive visibility of women, celebrating women’s achievements and challenging stereotypes and bias. Every activity embraced the spirit of inclusion and diversity, two concepts that make up the foundation of our company ethos.Two new groups were born out of this year’s celebration; WOW, the women of Warren Rupp, in addition to a new Chicagoland group, WII, Women in IDEX in the Chicagoland area. We are excited about our growing inclusion networks (all are welcome to attend their open events). Thank you to everyone who contributed, pledged, baked cakes, organized and supported our celebration and for helping IDEX to achieve #BalanceforBetter.
Business Units Pictured below (Left to Right): FTL Technology, Fast & Fluid Management, IDEX India, IDEX Corporate Lake Forest, Matcon UK, IDEX China, IDEX Corporate Downtown Chicago, Knight, IDEX MPT Canada, Gast UK, Warren Rupp, Akron Brass, Novotema, Hurst USA, Godiva UK & Hurst