Corporate Social Responsibility
Firmly rooted in our mission of improving lives is the strong responsibility we feel to the more than 7,000 people who are part of the IDEX family. Being a strong, stable, growing company that is able to improve the lives of our employees and their families is something we don’t take for granted.
Many of our businesses are large employers in small, rural communities so we feel a strong calling to help support and solve problems in those communities. From conducting food drives to building schools, we are actively partnering with our communities to make a lasting difference.
We are proud of the fact that many of the products we manufacture positively impact millions of lives around the world. The work we do helps:
- Keep people alive by extracting them from accidents and extinguishing fires
- Advance medicine through discovery and pharmaceutical production
- Improve water and environmental safety
- Bring food to family tables
The IDEX Foundation
The IDEX Foundation is a charitable giving organization designed to engage our customers, shareholders, and employees to create value and improve the communities in which we live and operate through:
- Leadership & Engagement — Building leaders through youth-based programs, including focused education and skill development in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- Community Engagement — Improving communities by providing funding assistance and encouraging IDEX employee achievement
- Health & Safety — Supporting direct response in the face of disasters and emergencies
Each of our businesses has a site coordinator who works with employees to partner with local nonprofit groups and organizations, which are then funded by the IDEX Foundation. Here are just a few of the activities we’ve supported:
- Distribution of medical kits for Syrian refugees in Germany
- Rebuilding of shelters for those who are homeless
- Partnerships with local schools to establish mentoring programs that promote STEM
- Creation of “Back Pack” program for a local food bank
In the last few years, more than 3,000 IDEX employees have volunteered and our businesses have held more than 100 charitable events. Collectively, we have donated close to $1 million to worthy charitable organizations throughout the world.
We establish trust by developing quality products- the quality of our work is paramount at IDEX. Each of our businesses has its own quality policy that addresses the specific markets and technologies in which they are engaged. Most IDEX businesses are ISO-9000 certified, including facilities in Asia, and many business units maintain a variety of certifications from the National Transportation Safety Board, Food and Drug Administration, and other regulatory agencies.
Environmental, Health, & Safety
At IDEX, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to conducting our business activities in an environmentally responsible manner that preserves natural resources and minimizes adverse impacts or health/safety risks to our employees, customers, and communities. With this goal in mind, we maintain management systems designed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company requirements that support the integration of environmental, health, and safety into our business processes.
To view more information about our Conflict Minerals Policy view these documents:
- 2018 IDEX Conflict Minerals Report
- IDEX Conflict Minerals Policy
- IDEX Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT-RMI)
If you have any questions or would like additional information about this policy, please email: IDEXConflictMinerals@idexcorp.com