Corporate Social Responsibility
As an embodiment of our continued commitment to focus on what matters to our various stakeholders, in March 2021, we published our second Corporate Social Responsibility Report. Human capital management, including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), talent attraction, workforce development, and workplace health and safety, as well as quality solutions for our customers, make up many of our most significant Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) related issues, as identified through our stakeholder engagement. In this report, we disclose our management of and performance in these most-important topics, as well as others identified in our 2018 materiality assessment. We also include in the report our first disclosure in alignment with the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB) sector standards.
The IDEX Foundation
The IDEX Foundation is a charitable giving organization designed to engage our customers, shareholders, and employees to create value and improve the communities in which we live and operate through:
- Community Engagement — Improving the communities in which we live and work through funding assistance and IDEX employee achievement
- Equity & Opportunity— Creating opportunities for under-served, disadvantaged people of color in our communities
- Health & Safety — Supporting direct reactive response in the face of disasters and emergencies
- Leadership & Engagement — Building leaders through youth based programs, including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics focused education and skill development.
Each of our businesses has a site coordinator who works with employees to partner with local nonprofit groups and organizations, which are then funded by the IDEX Foundation.
Here are just a few of the activities we’ve supported:
- Contributions to food banks in IDEX communities around the world to fight pandemic-related food insecurity
- Rebuilding of shelters for those who are homeless
- Partnerships with local schools to establish mentoring programs that promote STEM
- Creation of backpack programs for local students
In the last few years, more than 3,000 IDEX employees have volunteered and our businesses have held more than 100 charitable events. Collectively, we have donated close to $1 million to worthy charitable organizations throughout the world.
We establish trust by developing quality products- the quality of our work is paramount at IDEX. Each of our businesses has its own quality policy that addresses the specific markets and technologies in which they are engaged. Most IDEX businesses are ISO-9000 certified, including facilities in Asia, and many business units maintain a variety of certifications from the National Transportation Safety Board, Food and Drug Administration, and other regulatory agencies.
Environmental, Health, & Safety
At IDEX, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to conducting our business activities in an environmentally responsible manner that preserves natural resources and minimizes adverse impacts or health/safety risks to our employees, customers, and communities. With this goal in mind, we maintain management systems designed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and company requirements that support the integration of environmental, health, and safety into our business processes.
To view more information about our Conflict Minerals Policy view these documents:
- 2019 IDEX Conflict Minerals Report
- IDEX Conflict Minerals Policy
- IDEX Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT-RMI)
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please reach out to the IDEX Team